Accessing and preparing for an online class
So far people have found it surprisingly easy to access the online classes, even people who said they are terrible with computers and phone technology.
Give it a go!
1. You will need to download the Zoom app to your computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone. It is free. Link to download Zoom: www.zoom.us
2. Cick on the link for the class you want to attend (see class schedule and/or email reminders for specific links). Please try and join with your audio/microphone and video camera on. It might be worth you having a play beforehand. I will arrive 15 mins. early to assist with technology as much as I can.
3. Have your mat and yoga block, and/or a cushion and blanket ready with you. Put yourself somewhere clear and spacious if you can. If you have toddlers and pets crawling all over you then join in anyway, it's OK. Do keep your microphone muted, more about that below.
4. Payment until Easter is by donation. If you have already paid for classes up till then, please do not feel obliged to donate more, unless you want to because you are doing more classes than normal and you want to support those who cannot afford to come because they are losing their income. Payment methods:
Paypal link: paypal.me/YoginiKarin
Bank transfer: K van Maanen, Account Number 01723332, Sort Code 404777
Or send a cheque: email me to get my address
At this point, I may also be open to bartering loo roll in return for classes ;-)
5. When the class is in session please make sure your microphone is muted (there is a button to do this on the Zoom screen menu). Otherwise there is cacophony every time someone moves or the phone rings or the dog barks. I may also turn your mics off from my end. If you need to ask a question then wave your hand. If I don't see you, you can unmute yourself by clicking on the mic button on your own screen.
6. I am doing the classes from my small kitchen / conservatory and will be mainly giving verbal instruction as getting a view of my whole body is not always possible. The classes, at least to begin with, will be simpler than they sometimes are, to keep everybody safe. It is a bit different for me to teach online and harder for me to observe everyone at the same time. This will also keep it very accessible to all, and actually will be more soothing for your bodies and nervous systems. A little back to basics really helps to keep us connected to our embodied selves.
Feel free to ask questions via email, if I can help I will.
I will also post some further instructions here on using Zoom, as soon as I can.